What’s It Like to Work at a Scottrade Branch?As a Scottrade broker, you don’t give advice or recommendations. You simply provide investors great customer service. Each branch typically has one branch manager, one or two brokers and one or two interns. Most of our branches are small offices, allowing you to provide truly personalized service to our customers.
A Day in the Life at a Branch
A Scottrade associate talks about why he loves working with customers in the branch, plus how he was able to transition into his current position with the help of Scottrade’s Human Resources department. In a recent survey, our headquarters associates ranked “growth opportunities” as one of the Top 5 reasons to work at Scottrade. Along with Scottrade’s career opportunities for internal promotions, we offer licensing programs and training catered to branch associates’ growth.
Our branch locations are at the heart of our customer service philosophy—giving our customers a real person to speak to any time they have questions. We have more than 500 branch locations across the U.S., including several offices with bilingual brokers. This combination of service, accessibility and resources sets Scottrade apart from any other online investment firm.
Top Reasons to Work at a Scottrade Branch
The success of our branch office associates is based on the level of service you provide, not what you sell. There is no “boiler room” atmosphere with cold calls or pushing clients toward products you don’t believe in.
- To help you stay focused on treating every customer with the same high level of service, commission is never a part of compensation.
- As a Scottrade broker, you are paid a base salary and discretionary quarterly bonuses.
- Every investor gets the same service, no matter how much or little they invest.
- With only one branch manager and one or two brokers and interns, it’s an opportunity to get to know, and better serve, customers.
- Without complicated pricing structures, you can focus on providing investors with the answers and resources they need to invest, their way.
Broker Licensing Opportunities
With Scottrade’s FINRA licensing program, you have:
- The cost of the license is paid for by Scottrade
- Encouragement to study at work as time permits
- Access to a staff licensing specialist
Along with Scottrade’s career opportunities for internal promotions, we offer licensing programs and training catered to branch associates’ growth including:
- Branch Associate Exchange Program
- Customer Relationship Program and Customer Relationship Strategies Training
- FINRA Licensing Program
We have several branch locations in the U.S. with brokers fluent in Chinese and Spanish to support our bilingual customers.