What’s It Like to Work at Scottrade Headquarters?When you work at our St. Louis, Mo. or Denver, Colo. home offices, you provide support for our branch network and customer base. The Executive Committee works alongside all associates, including those in Human Resources, Operations, Asia Pacific, the National Service Center, Marketing and Product Development.
In fact, many associates can recall times they were able to say “Hi” to Rodger when they’ve seen him in the hallways or at the monthly “Meet the President” gathering for new associates.
A Day in the Life at Headquarters
Scottrade associates find that working at Scottrade allows them plenty of opportunities for growth, unique benefits, plus a great work-life balance.
Career Growth Opportunities
Our associates take pride not only in our corporate culture, but also can be proud that they have access to an extensive list of educational programs. Because of these programs, year after year, we are able to fill a considerable portion of job openings from within. In 2010 alone, over 38% of job openings were filled by internal promotions.
Our hiring mantra of “Hire for Attitude, Train for Success” is evident in the programs we offer you for career growth that include: Advanced Broker Training, Presentation Skills, Microsoft Courses, Discount Brokerage 101 Courses and Lunch & Learns.
Living in St. Louis, Missouri
With a low cost of living and a wide range of world-renowned cultural institutions, sports and recreation, St. Louis offers a small-town feel with the excitement of big city options.
Here are some of the highlights of the city consistently ranked one of the best places to live:
- St. Louis’ world-famous Zoo, Art Museum, History Museum and the Science Center all cost nothing to visit and are set in the scenic Forest Park—one of the largest urban parks in the U.S.
- You probably have heard of these sports teams —St. Louis Cardinals, St. Louis Rams and St. Louis Blues.
- Sometimes known as the “20-minute City,” St. Louis is accessible and easy to get to wherever you are headed. St. Louisans average 20-minute work commutes—below the national average of 24.7 minutes.
Living in Denver, Colorado
Denver offers an enviable quality of life, where residents enjoy a high job growth rate, a low tax rate and a relaxed community feel with plenty to keep everyone busy.
Consistently ranked as one of the best places to live, Denver’s highlights include:
- Denver is ideal for outdoor enthusiasts, with 15 ski resorts within 100 miles of the city and approximately 300 days of sunshine per year, with temperatures ranging from 47 degrees to 88 degrees on average.
- Located among the Rocky Mountains, Denver is known as the Mile High City, but locals will tell you that you aren’t officially at 5,280 feet above sea level until you’re on the 13th step of the State Capitol building.
- The city is home to the Colorado Avalanche, Denver Broncos, Denver Nuggets and Colorado Rockies.
- Other attractions include the Botanic Gardens, Red Rock Amphitheatre, Denver Center for the Performing Arts and the Denver Art Museum. If that’s not enough, Denver also has the largest city park system in the nation, with more than 200 parks within city limits.
We established our bilingual services in 2001 to support our bilingual customers across the nation.
These services provide our international customers access to resources such as Scottrade’s Chinese website with Chinese-language trading tools, educational resources and webcasts, and Spanish-speaking brokers in our national service centers and several branch office locations.
Across the U.S., we have numerous bilingual branches to support our domestic and international customers.