What’s It Like to Work in IT at Scottrade?Our award-winning IT associates are based in three locations: St. Louis, Mo., Scottsdale, Ariz. and Denver, Colo.
A Day in the Life in IT
A Scottrade associate talks about the opportunities for growth he’s experienced since he started working at Scottrade ten years ago. The IT department is focused on servicing customers through system and data security, while developing and providing products with high distribution and reliability.
As a Scottrade IT associate, you provide customers with security solutions for systems and data, along with aiding in the development of highly utilized and reliable products. Our IT associates also work on enterprise solutions such as Intranet Portal and Siebel CRM.
- Websites and applications are developed in object oriented C#.net, C++, Java and Cobol.
- IT uses a Waterfall, incremental and agile methodologies, as well as Quality Center suite for testing.
What’s great about working in Scottrade’s IT department? Take for example our state-of-the-art technologies, a truly open department where communication and feedback is encouraged, along with countless opportunities to grow your career. On top of that, our IT department has been honored with:
- Top spots on the InformationWeek 500 List for four consecutive years for innovative use of information technology.
- Ranking as one of the top 100 Best Places to Work in IT by Computerworld for three consecutive years.
Our IT associates have numerous opportunities to grow their careers through cross-training, shadowing and our e-learning program called Scottrade U.
- Scottrade spends $3 million annually on training.
- The average Scottrade associate receives 80 training hours annually.